Tornado in Texas
Weather & Tornado Links
- Storm Track Home Page
- Keep up-to-date on storm systems and tornadic storms across the US.
- FEMA - Tornado Fact Sheet
- All you need to know about tornadoes and safety tips in case one comes calling.
- Harry King's Home Page
- This is a very good site for those windy days.
- Storm Prediction Center
- A good site to see what is brewing during the tornado season.
- Weathernet: Weather Cam
- An up-to-date picture of weather patterns in all parts of the country!
The Wonders of Nature
There are so many nature-related sites that are
all worth a look-see, but I haven't got enough space to
give all of them special mention. However, I have tried
very hard to fit as many fascinating and diverse places
as possible to keep an interesting mix of things to see.
I hope you will find all these subjects as scary,
informative, fun and amazing as I do! As times change,
and sites don't, this list will get updated. But for
learning all you can about tornadoes, weather, volcanoes,
geology, astronomy, etc., this page can't be beaten!
I have been fascinated by meteorology, vulcanology,
earth sciences, marine biology and astronomy ever since I can
remember. All of these things tell us not only about the
world we live in, but about how we live in relationship
to it. People tend to lose their self-importance when a
volcano erupts unexpectedly and treats its nearby
inhabitants in the same uniformly unfair way. Everyone suddenly
becomes much more like the next person when a tornado
rips through their town. We are a part of the earth, and
all the things that affect it affect us.
Explosive Volcanic Sites
- Hawaiian Volcanoes
- The latest happenings on Kilauea and related vents
- Loihi Update Page
- The page to go to learn all about Hawaii's youngest volcano.
- Ruapehu Volcano Cam
- A great site to see a volcano in action - when Ruapehu is active!
- Everything for the layman and the geologist - start with beginner info, and work your way up to expert level!
- Volcano Index by Country
- Have a favourite country you would like to look for volcanoes on? Look to this site for that information!
- The Electric Volcano
- This is an excellent volcano site, and you can subscribe for volcanic updates around the world. Definitely a favourite!
- A site devoted to the volcano that rose in nine weeks, and lived for nine years.
General Geology Links
- A Geologist's Lifetime Field List
- A very good site for a list of many different geological things to see.
- Highest Tides in the World
- All the information one could want about the Bay of Fundy and its amazing tides.
- Richard Huish Geology Home Page
- Another wonderfully info-packed site.
- West's Geology Directory
- More incredible images and link information to soak you brain cells in - surf through here to find many different geological finds.
- University of Hawaii - Institute of Astronomy
- A great location for seeing what is new in the Heavens.
- Eclipse Gallery
- This site has some beautiful images of various eclipses.